Article

Gates Fort

Gates Fort (Cut Road, St. George’s Parish) — Standing at the edge of Town Cut, the shipping passage to St. George’s Harbour, Davers Fort, as it was initially known, was first shown on a map published in 1626. Rebuilt in the 1790s, the Keep served as a barracks in the 1800s, and was home to a local family from 1870 until 1922, when the property was returned to the Bermuda Government. Free admission. Hours: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm (daily).